Friday, February 18, 2005

Time of Your Life

"Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" - Greenday

"....Time grabs you by the wrist directs you where to go
So make the best of this test and don't ask why
It's not a question but a lesson learned in time...."

This songs once again pops into my head after hearing it in the CNY cum CAB. Yet another meaningful lyrics and wonderful melody.....

Last night Hall 9 CNY dinner gathering left a sense nostalgia feeling for me. Seeing so many familar faces once again after a long "departure" brings back some memories of my past 3 years of hall life. Well, it was a great event, minus the lack-lustre food menu...

Believe it or not, tonight's the first time i had Instant noodles for dinner since the day i moved back from hall. Yup, as long as i can recall, i haven't touched instant noodle since. Hrmm.... mainly becos i had wonderful mum who's a great cook that dishes out mouth-watering meals whenever i'm home for meals. Those packets of instant noodles were "magnificent".. lol not trying to be corny here, but "they" brought me fond memories when i was in hall.

During those days, instant noodles nearly became my staple food, (it did towards my final year) becos of unbelieving low cash flow and sometimes the unavailability of canteen food.
Those were the times when we worshipped every packets of instant noodles we had, "pooling together resources (read: instant noodles, hotdogs, eggs, etc....)", just so that we could whip up a decent meal for ourselves . I should express my gratitude to people like tresa, fiona and theresa for the "instant noodles companionship" during my final year in hall 9. I swear that i ate more instant noodles that year for meals than i did in canteens. lol. (I was leading such an unhealthy and toxicated life-style!!!!)

Gone are the days when i can assuringly buy a tub or packets of grass jelly and finished it together with "grass-jelly eaters" in the block. Well, Hall life has a different meaning to me. It;s the most memorable and enjoyable time of my life.

Well, i guess this old sayings is true, "You never cherished something until u lose it." Crappy tagline for separated couples?? I beg to differ.

That's a typical Pisces' Trait for u: Emotional.

"...So take the photographs and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while ...."

No comments: