Monday, December 03, 2007

Weekends... so short....

The weekends over even before I realise it...
*sigh*... why are there only 2 non-working days out of 7?
Isn't there the talk about work-life-balance?
then shouldnt it be 3.5 -3.5days of work and weekends?
Or, at least, 4-3? i.e 4 working days and 3 weekends?
I hope in the near future, someone/some organisation out there will advocate a new rule whereby calendar will mark Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays as weekends?
Maybe Pageant Queens can dropped their tagged line of "World Peace", and change it to " 1 more day of weekend" lol....

A rather short and unevenful weekend for me...
Called home on sat and spoke with my mum for awhile.
Inevitably, the topic on the recent tragedy pops up....
(in Hokkien though)
"You know abt the news right? Do you know any of them?...."
"...It was out in the front page o f the papers, a big piece of news. So pitiful... all so young..."
I didnt really said much and just replied with a mono-tone 'yah'.
the the next sentence which i kinda expected,
"You don't go rowing anymore lah when you come back. So dangerous..."

I could only reassure her by saying , "no need to worry lah, its safe in Singapore..."
Well, she knows she cant really stopped me from things i loved.
Even when i got injured in the eyes once during volleyball, she said the same thing.. But still, my passion fo rthe sports will not falter. Moreover, it means much more ot me now...

I can only re-assure her that when i row (after I returned), I will be extra careful.
I wouldnt give-up rowing, not something thats already part of my life.
I'll row as long as my body allows. Til the day I can't grab a paddle in my hand....

I thought I would spend this weekend quietly, and take a break from all the city's hustle & bustle.
Hence, I bought a train ticket and set abound to Brighton, a small town by the southern coast of UK.
Ok, my main aim is to hit the coast , and without much delay, i walked to the beach front.
It's an awesome view. Its a sea.... a "ferocious" one.
Torrential waves just hit the shoreline breaking into thick foams...
I can clearly hear the sound of waves...
It suddenly turns kinda scary witnessing and hearing it...





Then it started to get very windy and too cold. Moreover, the town is pretty small, and comprises of mainly living quarters.. so nothing really much. And i head back to London, spending the rest of the day in the comfort of my temp apartment..

Sunday,
I was supposed to be at the Stanchart Marathon run if not for this business trip..
My first attempt at half marathon after the last one almost 8 years back.
Have to missed it.
Well, at least it was paid for by the company... I hope I wont missed the chance again in 2008. Maybe a nearer target to aim for, OSIM challenge?

The sun was big and bright. But only lasted like 2 hours. By the time i stepped out of the apartment and decided to head for Hyde park, the sun starts to set... (yeah, it starts to set at 3pm...)
And by 4pm, it was almost all dark... Caught a very spectular sight and got a feel of the X'mas season in the park.
A mini carnival is going on. With ferris-wheel, rides and ice-skating rinks..

Nope not the London eye. Just a smaller version at Hyde park
A "ghost house" kinda ride....

Ice-skating rink in the park. Suddenly, I missd blading down East coast park...
I found another good reason to love Singapore, our little sunny island... it makes the day longer...

Well, got back early, so i started cooking. Something that can keep me really occupied during my boring life here...
Cooked my last sachet of Bak Kut Teh and stri-fried some noodles.
I realise I can cook after all.. lol (as martin yan says: " If Yan can Cook, So can you". How very true!)
Dread the thought of going to work again the next day, and continuously for the four day thereon.... system testing is really draining....
I'm counting down......
15 more days,
10 more working days....
HIghly anticipating the day I step foot onto the soil of Singapore...

3 comments:

reioval said...

very fast very fast one =)

yInZ said...

jiayou jiayou.. next year, we attempt standard chartered together ok?? if yin can run.. so can u .. Hahahaha..

And i am just gonna book all of u .. including mou mou for next yr run!! and we must take pictureS!!!

Yong zhi.. quick quick come back..

One^Life said...

yeah! yeah! I can "feel" Singapore le...!
Hahaa... getting nearer and nearer to the day... lol.

And yup! Stan Chart 2008!
no one can escape huh.... haha..
Seeya gals real soon....!